Since the horrendous attacks in my beloved Paris I’ve been increasing my reading on ISIS, the attacks, jihadism and the Middle-East. Here’s a selection:
- A Vox article on the gap between true narratives and true facts.
- “America has not changed Iraq or Syria, but the wars there have indeed changed America” – a long-read from David Ignatius on how ISIS spread in the Middle East
- A list of US airstrikes on ISIS, almost on a daily basis, for about a year now.
- Great piece form The Atlantic: What ISIS Really Wants. Main message is that the Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse.
- And the letter from ISIS, ‘explaining’ their motives.
Furthermore I’m reading William McCants’s “The ISIS Apocalyps“.